Australians love their wines, whether it’s a locally produced Shiraz, a vibrant sparkling variety, a unique Italian varietal or an Australian organic wine. This is especially evident when you look at the number of wine shows and festivals that are held in NSW and other parts of the country every year.
Even if you’ve missed some of the events so far, the good news is there are still more to come! This includes the Good Food and Wine Show in Sydney in August, Annandale Cellars Winter Italian Wine Fair and the Orange Wine Festival, which will be held over several nights in October.
Sydney Good Food and Wine Festival
This festival will be held from August 7 to 9 at the Sydney Showgrounds. The festival features a beer and cider hall, a good food theatre with tips from celebrity chefs, and a cellar door for wine lovers.
At a cellar door event, you get to sample wines from a variety of regions, as well as learn about different varieties of wine and how to enjoy them. There’s a number of cellar door events being held on different days of the festival, each one running for 30-minutes long. Some of these include:
- Fun with Fizz – exploring sparkling wines.
- Grape Guide 101 – understanding different varieties of Riesling or Shiraz depending on the day you attend.
- Rethink the Pink Drink – celebrating Rosé.
- New Discoveries – getting to know about emerging wine styles.
- Regional focus – covers the Hunter Valley and Barossa Valley on different days.
- Others – such as why winemakers love blends and a look at boutique wine producers.
You can find out more about these events and purchase festival tickets here.
Annandale Cellars Winter Italian Wine Fair
Annandale Cellars will be holding their annual Italian Wine Fair on August 15 from 12 noon to 5pm. The best importers of Italian wines in Australia will be there and you get the opportunity to try them all. Wines from all over Italy will be on show, from regions like:
- Alto Adige
- Emilia Romagna
Everyone who attends will have the opportunity to purchase any of the wines on tasting for a fantastic price!
The best thing is, it’s free to attend!
Orange Wine Festival
This one runs from October 16 to November 1, so there’ll be plenty of scope for wine tasting and learning about the region’s wineries.
Daily tastings and winemaker discussions will be held at ‘Wine Central’. Other sessions will be held on different days, including:
- Black Tie Dinner on October 16 – a four-course dinner with local winemakers that will include award-winning wines from the region. The price for this event also includes bus transport from Orange CBD.
- Wine Show Tasting on October 17 – where you can get to taste some of the wines that were entered into the Orange Wine Show, enjoy local food, and attend wine masterclasses.
- Wine in the Vines on October 24 – a progressive lunch around a number of cellar doors, where you can enjoy locally inspired dishes matched with wines from the region.
- Festival Night Market on October 30 – market with 50+ stalls where you can enjoy cool-climate local wines and chef-produced food and listen to local musicians. Kids’ activities are also included.
More information on the Orange Wine Festival can be found here.
Buy reds, whites, sparkling and organic wines in Australia
As well as sampling them at these events, don’t forget you can purchase Australian wines online anytime from Veno. Our NSW range includes wines from the Orange region as well as the Hunter Valley, Mudgee, the Riverina and the Shoalhaven Coast.