15% off 6+ bottles of wine . Free NSW delivery on 6+ standard bottles . Free Australia-wide delivery on $500+ spend

Architects of Wine Inzolia 2019 (Orange)

Architects of Wine Inzolia 2019 (Orange)

$33.15 In any mixed 6
$39.00 per single bottle
Regular price
Sold out
Sale price
$39.00
Unit price
per 
This product is currently out of stock.
Buy any mixed 6 to get 15% off
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.

Tasting Notes

Inzolia / Ansonica is a white variety that originates in Sicily and is widely used in the production of Marsala as well as white table wines.  It has lots of phenolic compounds in the skins making it a great candidate for a bit of skin contact.  Dave split the fruit into two separate batches, around 60% was pressed off skins after only 60 hours maceration [then barrel fermented and aged], with the remaining 40% staying on skins for 7 days [aged in stainless steel].  After 10 months of élevage, the two batches were blended and aged for a further 4 months in stainless steel.  The wine shows all the hallmarks of the 'nutty' variety; bruised apple cider, pear and a savouriness of almond and marzipan.  Tannins are initially quite gentle but unfurl with time filling out the palate.

Please note: this vineyard is managed to organic principles without the use of copper. In years with heavy disease pressure targeted synthetic sprays are used in minimal amounts where necessary. - Distributor Note

Architect by day, winemaker by night, David Caporaletti is calculated and precise as much as he is rogue and experimental in his winemaking. Having made wine fo the last few year, David shows mind-boggling intuition with his 'less-is-more' mantra. With fruit sourced from the Adelaide Hills and Wrattonbully, AOW wines show restraint in all the right places - both in skin contact time, use of oak and extraction of tannin. Another great reason why The Hills is proving to be a breeding ground for young winemakers with access to great fruit, sensibility and a taste for adventure in their craft. - Distributor Note

Product Type Wine White Other Varietals & Blends
Volume 750ml
Country Australia
Region South Australia
Winemaking Practices Minimal Intervention
Vineyard Practices Minimal Intervention